COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) - An Idaho man charged with slapping a toddler on a Minneapolis-to-Atlanta flight has made an initial appearance in federal court.
Joe Rickey Hundley surrendered to federal agents Tuesday morning and then stood before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mikel H. Williams via video at the federal courthouse in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Hundley, of Hayden, Idaho, was released by the magistrate on $10,000 bond.
As conditions of his release, the 60-year-old cannot drink alcohol or possess firearms and must surrender his passport. He cannot travel outside of Idaho, eastern Washington state, or the northern district of Georgia, where the case will be tried.
Hundley is accused of slapping a 19-month-old boy during the Feb. 8 flight and has been charged in Atlanta with simple assault. His attorney says he will plead not guilty.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking