SPARTA, WI - Sparta police arrested a 24-year-old man after he allegedly threatened to shoot up the Sparta Police Department.
Police were called to the Hangout Bar around 2:10 a.m. on Monday. A patron had called police to report that Matthew Ames had a gun and told them he intended to shoot up the police department.
Police say when they arrived on scene, they found him standing outside the bar and saw a handgun concealed in his waistband. The police report states Ames showed "obvious signs of intoxication" and was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a handgun where alcohol is sold/consumed, and operating a firearm while intoxicated.22515988
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student