SPARTA, WI - Sparta police arrested a 24-year-old man after he allegedly threatened to shoot up the Sparta Police Department.
Police were called to the Hangout Bar around 2:10 a.m. on Monday. A patron had called police to report that Matthew Ames had a gun and told them he intended to shoot up the police department.
Police say when they arrived on scene, they found him standing outside the bar and saw a handgun concealed in his waistband. The police report states Ames showed "obvious signs of intoxication" and was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a handgun where alcohol is sold/consumed, and operating a firearm while intoxicated.22515988
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016