SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A man told Sparta police he started a dumpster fire at a Dairy Queen because he wanted to go back to prison.
Police responded to a dumpster fire at about 2:30 a.m. on August 8. Paul E. Nahkala, 48, told Sparta police he started the fire.
Dispatch told Sparta police that Nahkala was on probation for arson and a probation hold was placed. Sparta police arrested Nahkala for arson, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, and a probation violation.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017