SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A man told Sparta police he started a dumpster fire at a Dairy Queen because he wanted to go back to prison.
Police responded to a dumpster fire at about 2:30 a.m. on August 8. Paul E. Nahkala, 48, told Sparta police he started the fire.
Dispatch told Sparta police that Nahkala was on probation for arson and a probation hold was placed. Sparta police arrested Nahkala for arson, criminal damage to property, disorderly conduct, and a probation violation.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest