MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A St. Paul man faces multiple felonies after authorities say he removed his ankle bracelet while on furlough from prison and raped a woman whom he had robbed in the past.
Authorities say 18-year-old Curtez Deshawn Graham told police he purposely returned to the woman's house to scare her because she had sent him away for 14 months. Graham is charged with eight counts, including criminal sexual conduct.
He made his first court appearance Friday. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.
The charges say Graham robbed the woman twice in 2011, and was imprisoned. He was on furlough when he removed the bracelet that monitored his whereabouts.
Officials say cases like this are rare.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin