RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A 34-year-old Florida man is accused of forcing a 17-year-old girl to work as a prostitute at a southern Wisconsin motel.
The Journal Times reports Troy I. Johnson, of Pahokee, Fla., was charged Friday in Racine County with soliciting a child for prostitution and second-offense marijuana possession -- both felonies.
According to his criminal complaint, he's accused of forcing the 17-year-old to have sex with approximately seven men, whom she told police he would bring to her room at the Knights Inn.
His bond was set at $50,000 Friday. His preliminary hearing is Wednesday, where a judge will decide if the case should proceed to trial.
An email sent to his public defender, Carl Johnson, was not immediately returned Saturday.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student