RACINE, Wis. (AP) - A 34-year-old Florida man is accused of forcing a 17-year-old girl to work as a prostitute at a southern Wisconsin motel.
The Journal Times reports Troy I. Johnson, of Pahokee, Fla., was charged Friday in Racine County with soliciting a child for prostitution and second-offense marijuana possession -- both felonies.
According to his criminal complaint, he's accused of forcing the 17-year-old to have sex with approximately seven men, whom she told police he would bring to her room at the Knights Inn.
His bond was set at $50,000 Friday. His preliminary hearing is Wednesday, where a judge will decide if the case should proceed to trial.
An email sent to his public defender, Carl Johnson, was not immediately returned Saturday.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted