WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - An inmate accused in a brutal attack in the Marathon County Jail that left a guard in a coma will face trial.
Twenty-year-old Fredrick Morris appeared in court Wednesday under heavy security and waived his right to a preliminary hearing. The Daily Herald Media says more than a dozen law enforcement officers were in courtroom for Morris' appearance.
Morris is accused of attacking two corrections officers at the jail March 27, including one guard who remains in the intensive care unit at Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case