DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Several major highways in Iowa have been partially closed due to poor road conditions from a major overnight snow storm.
The state Department of Transportation says on its website that several locations along Interstate 80 remain closed Thursday morning. They include an exit near Council Bluffs by the Nebraska state line, and exits near mile markers in central Iowa.
On Interstate 35, roads are blocked along exits near Williams and Coulter in north Iowa.
The agency says many of the closures or blockages are due to numerous road accidents. State officials have warned drivers to stay off the road because of whiteout conditions in some areas.
The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard for most of Iowa through Thursday evening. A winter storm watch also is in effect.
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option
- A woman was arrested in Black Hills after abducting her kids
- Wisconsin manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Walker to deliver budget address on Feb. 8
- Community Closings & Delays due to approaching storm
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Trial set for mom whose toddler was found wandering outside
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Wisconsin Democrats: County websites were hacked