MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Mayors in Wisconsin and California are making a friendly wager on the Rose Bowl.
Stanford Cardinal, which call Palo Alto home, and the Wisconsin Badgers will compete in the Rose Bowl Jan. 1.
The wager is between Madison Mayor Paul Soglin and Palo Alto Mayor Yiaway Yeh.
The losing mayor will wear the opposing team's hat during a Common Council meeting, and will display the flag of the winning team for a day in January. The losing city will also organize a tree planting in honor of the winning team.
Soglin says he's confident the Badgers will come through for Madison.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands