MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Mayors in Wisconsin and California are making a friendly wager on the Rose Bowl.
Stanford Cardinal, which call Palo Alto home, and the Wisconsin Badgers will compete in the Rose Bowl Jan. 1.
The wager is between Madison Mayor Paul Soglin and Palo Alto Mayor Yiaway Yeh.
The losing mayor will wear the opposing team's hat during a Common Council meeting, and will display the flag of the winning team for a day in January. The losing city will also organize a tree planting in honor of the winning team.
Soglin says he's confident the Badgers will come through for Madison.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners