LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Now is the time of year when crews are either starting a lot of building projects, or going back to a site to finish an earlier one.
Deep ground frost this winter could throw a wrench in some of those plans.
Builders are having a hard time finding ground- thawing equipment because it's needed at so many sites across the nation.
TCI is based in our area.
In one case, the company had to go all the way to to Kentucky to find a thawing unit.
This difficult winter could have a lasting impact.
"With the frost and the depths.. we'll definitely see projects that were either anticipated to start construction or complete construction, potentially be delayed, or even experience the cost of thawing the ground out," said Brian Busser, who's in Business Development at TCI.
Because of the propane shortage TCI has also switched some of its propane-powered heating units for diesel units, instead.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership