MILLSTON, Wis. (WKBT) - The Black River Falls Fire Department was called to Wyman Lake Club Road, off of Highway 12, in the township of Millston Wednesday afternoon. A logging processor was fully engulfed.
According to a release from Chief Steve Schreiber of the fire department, firefighters found a Feb Tech 120 on fire upon arrival. It is owned by Todd's Tree and Shrub Service of Warrens. It was not near any structures and had just been walked out of the woods where it had been cutting trees all day.
The chief says the equipment operator reported smoke coming from the engine area; upon investigation, the operator found it was on fire. They attempted to put out the fire with fire extinguishers. Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 30 minutes.
A cause and the extent of the damage have yet to be determined. No injuries were reported.
- Holmen man sentenced for 2015 murder
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse
- Herberger's moving into former Macy's location in La Crosse