MILLSTON, Wis. (WKBT) - The Black River Falls Fire Department was called to Wyman Lake Club Road, off of Highway 12, in the township of Millston Wednesday afternoon. A logging processor was fully engulfed.
According to a release from Chief Steve Schreiber of the fire department, firefighters found a Feb Tech 120 on fire upon arrival. It is owned by Todd's Tree and Shrub Service of Warrens. It was not near any structures and had just been walked out of the woods where it had been cutting trees all day.
The chief says the equipment operator reported smoke coming from the engine area; upon investigation, the operator found it was on fire. They attempted to put out the fire with fire extinguishers. Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 30 minutes.
A cause and the extent of the damage have yet to be determined. No injuries were reported.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016