LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The rain didn't stop some people from heading out to garage sales Saturday.
The third annual Logan Rummage Sale brought out several hundred people to the La Crosse high school. Money raised from the sale will go toward the boys and girls basketball programs to help buy a new shooting machine.
With such a great turnout to today's event, organizers say that purchase is within their reach.
["With] budget cuts, issues with trying to make ends meet as far as the sports programs go, something like buying a shooting machine just isn't in the budget," said Stephanie Fraase, a basketball parent and organizer of the event. "But when we do something like this, we can certainly make something like that happen."
Saturday's fundraising goal was $1,500, and organizers say they have more than surpassed it.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Tomah police believe they captured the suspects involved in a high speed chase Sunday
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser