LA CROSSE, Wis. - Logan High School Senior Landon Kramer has been named the World Services of La Crosse "Youth Ambassador of the Year."
Kramer was selected "for his extraordinary work to improve the quality of life for citizens of the world, promote positive international sentiment toward Americans and advance world peace through personal relationships."
Kramer is involved in numerous school activities, including swimming and cross country, National Honor Society, Show Choir, and Student Council. Kramer is also president of the school's French Club.
"Landon is truly one of our stand-out students," Logan High School Principal Scott Mihalovic said. "He is considered one of our top French students, earning gold medals in the Concours Oral, a state level French speaking competition."
Kramer will be honored at the World Services' Second Annual Citizens Diplomacy Celebration on Tuesday, March 19 at the Cargill Room at the Waterfront Restaurant.
Dr. Cheri Olson of May Clinic Health System-Franciscan Healthcare and Pete Keeffe, a long-time volunteer with the La Crosse-Dubna exchange, will also be honored for their work.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners