LA CROSSE, Wis. - Members of the Logan High School Select Choir will sing with the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra on Thursday.
The choir was one of four chosen from across Wisconsin as part of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra's Teen Series. About 200 high school students will sing Mozart's "Vesperae solennes de Confessore" as part of the event.
"This is a really big deal to be chosen to perform," Logan High School Choir Director Doreen Athnos said. "It was my goal when I came to Logan to see the choir program grow and take off. So, for the students this is very affirming that their hard work is paying off."
The Logan High School Select Choir will also sing the national anthem at the Milwaukee Bucks game Wednesday night.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure