LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Local log rollers came together to support a person in need at a recent event.
The Rusty Ankle Log Rolling tournament was held Sunday at the YMCA. Pink T-shirts could be seen all over the event. They were to support Kathy Koblitz, a mother of one of the log rollers who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Participants looked to both compete as well as offer community support for Kathy and her family. It's something they look to continue even after the event is over. "We're going to continue to get him to class, we're going to continue to help bring them meals as a community and make sure their family runs just as it did before Kathy's cancer," said Leah Burns from the La Crosse Area Log Rollers Association.
An estimated 30 participants showed up and sported the pink T-shirts.
- Area veterans visit cemeteries, honor fallen heroes
- Riverside Memorial Day ceremony honors sea-based service members
- Service members honored at La Crosse's Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse celebrates Memorial Day with annual parade
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- C-FC senior has second chance at state gold
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable