LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thanks to the generosity of our community and the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots program, hundreds of local kids will have a gift to open this holiday season.
Volunteers went to more than 30 locations Friday to collect toys at gift barrels all over the City of La Crosse. More than 1, 200 kids will receive a gift this year.17614856
"It's gone great," said Kelly Goyette of the La Crosse Jaycees, "It's been an overwhelming success. We've had a lot of outpouring of support from the community. There's some locations that have been overflowing so we've been picking up at certain locations throughout the community as the weeks go on."
The Jaycees will now sort all of the toys and bag them up so they can be ready for the toy giveaway December 8.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks