LA CROSSE, Wis. - Thanks to the generosity of our community and the La Crosse Jaycees Toys for Tots program, hundreds of local kids will have a gift to open this holiday season.
Volunteers went to more than 30 locations Friday to collect toys at gift barrels all over the City of La Crosse. More than 1, 200 kids will receive a gift this year.17614856
"It's gone great," said Kelly Goyette of the La Crosse Jaycees, "It's been an overwhelming success. We've had a lot of outpouring of support from the community. There's some locations that have been overflowing so we've been picking up at certain locations throughout the community as the weeks go on."
The Jaycees will now sort all of the toys and bag them up so they can be ready for the toy giveaway December 8.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river