Three kids from Wisconsin, including one from Chippewa Falls, will compete in the NFL Punt, Pass & Kick National Finals on Saturday, January 12, and represent the Green Bay Packers.
Ava Reuter, of Chippewa Falls, will compete in the girls 6-7 age group; Alayna Suprenand, of Fond du Lac, will compete in the girls 8-9 age group; and Jack Noffke, of New London, Wisconsin, will compete in the boys 12-13 age group.
The finalists will compete after winning their age divisions in the Packers' team championship competition on December 9 at the Don Hutson Center. The top four scorers in each age group from across the country qualified as national finalists.
Each national finalist will launch two punts, two passes and two kicks with scores based on distance and accuracy (in feet). The best score from each activity will be tabulated to determine the athlete's total.
There will be a special on-field award presentation during the Atlanta Falcons-Seattle Seahawks NFC Divisional Playoff game.
Click here for more information on the event.
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Local students compete in dairy cook off
- Cub scouts donate bird nest boxes to La Crosse marsh
- La Crosse Police policies to be assessed in accreditation process
- Excessive use of technology among youth raising concerns