LA CROSSE, Wisc. (WKBT) - Income inequality continues to grow in the U.S. 2012 saw the largest gap between the top 1% and the botton 99% since 1920.
Dr. TJ Brooks joined us in the studio to explain what income inequality is, and what affect it can have on our economy.
Dr. Brooks talks about why a large gap can hurt worker motivation, and also why there needs to be some inequality for our economy to work well.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building