ONALASKA, Wis. - Dozens of La Crosse area residents have a new reason to smile. That's because Valley Dental in Onalaska offered free dental care Friday as part of a national program called Dentistry from the Heart.
It was first-come, first-serve and by noon more than 50 people had already been helped. More than 100 had signed up for services of some kind.
Staff volunteered their time to help as many people as possible with any services they needed. "Extractions, fillings and cleanings, so it's high demand, things they definitely need, there's pain, dental pain, dental infection, so there's things going on and we're taking care of more invasive things today," said Dr. Mike Gavin.
This was Valley Dental's first year participating in the program and they plan to do it again next year.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather