LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A man walking to work found a loaded handgun under some debris from a recent car crash in La Crosse, according to La Crosse police.
The man saw the handle of the handgun near 1701 W. Ave in La Crosse at about 8:45 a.m. on Friday, April 18, and called police.
La Crosse police said the Glock .40-caliber gun has not been reported missing and it was not reported stolen. An accident report does not appear to be in police records at this time.
If you have any information about this incident, contact the La Crosse Police Department at (608) 789-7200.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016