LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A man walking to work found a loaded handgun under some debris from a recent car crash in La Crosse, according to La Crosse police.
The man saw the handle of the handgun near 1701 W. Ave in La Crosse at about 8:45 a.m. on Friday, April 18, and called police.
La Crosse police said the Glock .40-caliber gun has not been reported missing and it was not reported stolen. An accident report does not appear to be in police records at this time.
If you have any information about this incident, contact the La Crosse Police Department at (608) 789-7200.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget