LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Construction for the new UW-La Crosse student center will start in October and a camera installed on top of Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex will allow people to watch streaming of the building process.
The new student center will be located on the parking lot east of Wimberly Hall in the same spot as the old police services building.
UW-L has used this time lapse video technology before for the construction of Centennial Hall, Eagle Hall, Reuter Hall, the Health Science Center, and the old stadium at the Veterans Memorial Field Sports Complex.
"We started doing this because UW Systems wanted to see the construction process. People are captivated by what they can't see in real time," said Jim Jorstad, UW-L director of Academic Technology Services.
The streaming webcam will start when construction of the student center begins in October and be completed in early 2017.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening