ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - A Freeport farmer acquitted on charges of selling raw milk in Hennepin County is asking to have similar charges dismissed in Stearns County.
Organic egg producer Alvin Schlangen has filed a motion to dismiss three of the six counts against him in Stearns County. Schlangen and his attorney are scheduled to argue that motion Thursday before Judge Thomas Knapp.
In October, a Hennepin County jury found Schlangen not guilty of selling raw milk, operating without a food handler's license and handling adulterated food.
Schlangen faces those three charges in Stearns County. He also faces three other misdemeanors.
Schlangen's legal battles have become a rallying point for raw milk advocates.
The St. Cloud Times reports no trial date has been set for the Stearns County case.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest