ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - A Freeport farmer acquitted on charges of selling raw milk in Hennepin County is asking to have similar charges dismissed in Stearns County.
Organic egg producer Alvin Schlangen has filed a motion to dismiss three of the six counts against him in Stearns County. Schlangen and his attorney are scheduled to argue that motion Thursday before Judge Thomas Knapp.
In October, a Hennepin County jury found Schlangen not guilty of selling raw milk, operating without a food handler's license and handling adulterated food.
Schlangen faces those three charges in Stearns County. He also faces three other misdemeanors.
Schlangen's legal battles have become a rallying point for raw milk advocates.
The St. Cloud Times reports no trial date has been set for the Stearns County case.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers