LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A major facelift is coming to a park in La Crosse.
River Architects revealed the preliminary design plan for Poage Park, which was previously known as Hood Park, on the corner of 5th Avenue South and Hood Street in La Crosse.
The group worked with residents in the neighborhood and the city parks department to develop the plan. It includes a picnic area on one half and an open green area on the other side.
It's another step as the neighborhood moves away from old stigmas and it'll give the families what they wanted for a place to play.
"One of the things they stressed that they'd really like is a splash park for the kids, a really nice play area for the kids, and some open grassy area that the family and kids can use for multiple uses," said Michael Swinghamer, project architect at River Architects.
Construction is likely to start this summer and the park will be ready later this fall.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Crews search Mississippi River for missing U of M student