LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Plans to expand La Crosses' YMCA are moving forward with a little help from the city.
Tonight the city's Common Council approved rezoning parts of La Crosse's Washburn residential neighborhood for use. This allows the Y to build a new teen center and expand its parking lot. It's just a small part of a bigger plan to renovate the entire Y building.
"They're going to be developing a new teen center which is going to be a great service you know for our youth here in La Crosse as well as a future expansion of the y itself. It's a really great project and a lot of people are excited about that," said La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
The Y hopes to break ground on the project in April of 2015.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge