LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Plans to expand La Crosses' YMCA are moving forward with a little help from the city.
Tonight the city's Common Council approved rezoning parts of La Crosse's Washburn residential neighborhood for use. This allows the Y to build a new teen center and expand its parking lot. It's just a small part of a bigger plan to renovate the entire Y building.
"They're going to be developing a new teen center which is going to be a great service you know for our youth here in La Crosse as well as a future expansion of the y itself. It's a really great project and a lot of people are excited about that," said La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
The Y hopes to break ground on the project in April of 2015.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers