LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Plans to expand La Crosses' YMCA are moving forward with a little help from the city.
Tonight the city's Common Council approved rezoning parts of La Crosse's Washburn residential neighborhood for use. This allows the Y to build a new teen center and expand its parking lot. It's just a small part of a bigger plan to renovate the entire Y building.
"They're going to be developing a new teen center which is going to be a great service you know for our youth here in La Crosse as well as a future expansion of the y itself. It's a really great project and a lot of people are excited about that," said La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat.
The Y hopes to break ground on the project in April of 2015.
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charges following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech
- Republican proposes raising UW tuition by inflation, income