LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse woman was sentenced Tuesday for charges related to a homicide inside the Kwik Trip on Cass Street last June.
Brittany Jones, 23, pleaded guilty to hiding a felon, obstructing an officer during the investigation, and bail jumping.
La Crosse police say Jones drove her boyfriend, 26-year-old Mitrel Anderson to Madison after he allegedly stabbed 24-year-old Demario Lee at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street.
Jones was sentenced to a year in jail and 2 years of extended supervision for harboring and aiding a felon. She also was sentenced to nine months in jail for bail jumping and another nine months for obstructing an officer.
Several of the victims' family members spoke about their loss before Jones was sentenced.
All of her terms will be served at the same time and Jones will be credited with 81 days that she has already served.
Mitrel Anderson's homicide trail is set for June 9.
- Plans on hold for proposed cell towers in La Crosse
- Minnesota Gov. Dayton collapses during speech
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- WinCraft gets to work making Super Bowl merchandise
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser