LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse woman was sentenced Tuesday for charges related to a homicide inside the Kwik Trip on Cass Street last June.
Brittany Jones, 23, pleaded guilty to hiding a felon, obstructing an officer during the investigation, and bail jumping.
La Crosse police say Jones drove her boyfriend, 26-year-old Mitrel Anderson to Madison after he allegedly stabbed 24-year-old Demario Lee at the Kwik Trip on Cass Street.
Jones was sentenced to a year in jail and 2 years of extended supervision for harboring and aiding a felon. She also was sentenced to nine months in jail for bail jumping and another nine months for obstructing an officer.
Several of the victims' family members spoke about their loss before Jones was sentenced.
All of her terms will be served at the same time and Jones will be credited with 81 days that she has already served.
Mitrel Anderson's homicide trail is set for June 9.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building