MAUSTON, Wis. - A 64-year-old La Crosse woman was killed and a man was flown to UW Hospital after an interstate crash near Mauston, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Investigators said a 69-year-old La Crosse man was driving west on Interstate 94 near mile marker 73 when he crossed the median and the eastbound lanes before striking a large tree in the west ditch.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
The names of the man and woman are being withheld pending notification of family.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser