MAUSTON, Wis. - A 64-year-old La Crosse woman was killed and a man was flown to UW Hospital after an interstate crash near Mauston, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Investigators said a 69-year-old La Crosse man was driving west on Interstate 94 near mile marker 73 when he crossed the median and the eastbound lanes before striking a large tree in the west ditch.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
The names of the man and woman are being withheld pending notification of family.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Monroe Co. man avoids prison for shooting mother
- Rail tank car helps first responders prepare in case of derailment
- Locomotive engine oil spill in Jackson county
- Iowa man accused of stealing from ailing dad gets probation
- Wisconsin woman jumps on hood of her SUV to prevent theft
- Parents of malnourished teen found dead plead not guilty
- The Latest: Teen plane crash survivor in serious condition
- The Latest: Teens in Wisconsin plane crash identified