MAUSTON, Wis. - A 64-year-old La Crosse woman was killed and a man was flown to UW Hospital after an interstate crash near Mauston, according to a release from the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Investigators said a 69-year-old La Crosse man was driving west on Interstate 94 near mile marker 73 when he crossed the median and the eastbound lanes before striking a large tree in the west ditch.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. The man was taken to UW Hospital by Med Flight.
The names of the man and woman are being withheld pending notification of family.
- Holmen homicide suspect pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Turnout hits 8 percent in Wisconsin superintendent race
- Powerball jackpot tops $400 million for 1st time in months
- Senate panel inches Sunday liquor sales forward
- Bipartisan support for Wisconsin bill helping terminally ill
- Walker's evangelical Alaskan cruise canceled
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help
- Minnesota man gets 2 year sentence for lying in terror case
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- Vets warn eliminating prevailing wage will cost jobs