LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Those who have no place to stay tonight will now have a warm place to sleep.
The First Baptist Church in La Crosse is increasing the number of people welcome at its downstairs warming center.
Usually the warming center only has room for 15 cots, but it's now making room for double that number.
"The church has graciously allowed us to use their upstairs fellowship hall, and the Red Cross has brought over some extra cots and blankets for us," said Richard Sage, executive director of Catholic Charities. "We'll be taking up to 30 people the next few days while this cold spell is besetting us."
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests