LA CROSSE, Wis. - The La Crosse Salvation Army has planned a candlelight walk and vigil in remembrance of homeless or formerly homeless people who have died in our community this year.
The event is part of National Homeless Persons' Memorial Day on Friday, December 21. People who would like to participate should meet at 4:15 p.m. at Burns Park, 8th and Main St. in La Cross. Participants will walk to Cameron Park, 5th and King St. in La Crosse.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers