LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse residents are getting an inside look at a new 65 acre development, just north of downtown.
They met at Western Technical College Wednesday night for a discussion series put on by the city. Their focus is the Riverside North redevelopment.
City planners and Ecology experts talked about environmental issues surrounding the redevelopment.
The meeting was a way for the city to not only inform the community, but also get them involved in the planning process.
"The public helped purchase this property over the last 30 years and so it's their community, they have really right to say what should happen with this property," said City Planner Larry Kirch.
The city is also holding an intensive planning meeting for the public from May 14th through the 20th.
For additional information, visit the city of La Crosse's website.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather