LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some downtown parking spaces in La Crosse will soon be serving a different purpose.
Parklets are reserved areas that convert parking spaces into green spaces. On Monday, the Public Works board approved a few of the parklets scheduled to be installed next spring.
Downtown businesses will be able to apply to have parklets outside of their buildings. Although they can be sponsored by local businesses, they are still considered public space.
"There are some parklets that can be created for additional places to park your bike and things like that, but we foresee that here in La Crosse we'll be utilizing them for additional seating and quiet space," said Robin Moses, executive director of Downtown Mainstreet.
The parklet proposal still needs to be approved by a few more committees before installation can begin.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather