LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With the official start of summer just around the corner... area pools and beaches are slowly opening back up.
After weeks of preparation La Crosse pools and beaches open this weekend. With more than 80 employees, the city's aquatic coordinator says they more than ready for a busy season.
Even though the pool is meant for having fun, the staff says it's important for swimmers to enjoy the water responsibly.
"It's good to come to the pools so you can get comfortable with the water first if you're not already comfortable, especially in an area that's guarded so that you know, if something does go wrong you do know someone's there to help you out," said Aquatic Coordinator, Samantha Fitzpatrick.
Click here for a list of hours and activities for area pools and beaches.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day