LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - With the official start of summer just around the corner... area pools and beaches are slowly opening back up.
After weeks of preparation La Crosse pools and beaches open this weekend. With more than 80 employees, the city's aquatic coordinator says they more than ready for a busy season.
Even though the pool is meant for having fun, the staff says it's important for swimmers to enjoy the water responsibly.
"It's good to come to the pools so you can get comfortable with the water first if you're not already comfortable, especially in an area that's guarded so that you know, if something does go wrong you do know someone's there to help you out," said Aquatic Coordinator, Samantha Fitzpatrick.
Click here for a list of hours and activities for area pools and beaches.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death