LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It might seem hard to believe but this weekend will be your last chance to cool off at area pools and beaches.
Those areas in La Crosse will close this Sunday.
They stayed open an extra week this year in anticipation of a hot summer like last year. That never came and the attendance numbers at the pools showed.
"Attendance went down this year, I believe it's mostly due to weather. We had a lot more rain days than last year and just colder weather in general. We're down about 12.5% in attendance," said La Crosse Aquatics Coordinator Samantha Fitzpatrick.
The staff is considering extended hours at the pools next year but nothing has been finalized at this point.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota