LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It might seem hard to believe but this weekend will be your last chance to cool off at area pools and beaches.
Those areas in La Crosse will close this Sunday.
They stayed open an extra week this year in anticipation of a hot summer like last year. That never came and the attendance numbers at the pools showed.
"Attendance went down this year, I believe it's mostly due to weather. We had a lot more rain days than last year and just colder weather in general. We're down about 12.5% in attendance," said La Crosse Aquatics Coordinator Samantha Fitzpatrick.
The staff is considering extended hours at the pools next year but nothing has been finalized at this point.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Mardi Gras ball raises money for schools, names new rex, queen