LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - It might seem hard to believe but this weekend will be your last chance to cool off at area pools and beaches.
Those areas in La Crosse will close this Sunday.
They stayed open an extra week this year in anticipation of a hot summer like last year. That never came and the attendance numbers at the pools showed.
"Attendance went down this year, I believe it's mostly due to weather. We had a lot more rain days than last year and just colder weather in general. We're down about 12.5% in attendance," said La Crosse Aquatics Coordinator Samantha Fitzpatrick.
The staff is considering extended hours at the pools next year but nothing has been finalized at this point.
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged Dec. 22 shooting
- Wisconsin student wants sex charges dismissed
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says
- Search resumes for girl missing in western Iowa river
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run