LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers will hand out coupons for a free Dairy Queen treat (small cone) when they see children wearing helmets while riding their bikes.
The safety initiative is part of the La Crosse Police Department's "You've been Caught Wearing Your Helmet" campaign.
For bicycle safety tips, La Crosse police suggest visiting the following websites:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Kids and Bicycle Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: Bike Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: Trail Etiquette and Safety Guidelines
- Holmen teen facing attempted homicide charges following stabbing
- La Crosse Police Department sees increase in applicants
- Wisconsin Revenue Department touts anti-fraud efforts
- The Latest: Wisconsin superintendent hopefuls hold forum
- Two found dead near Oshkosh during welfare check
- Northside McDonald's temporarily closes due to relocation
- Previous mild winters help this year's snow budget
- Stripper sues club in popular tourist destination
- Appeals court won't put Trump's travel ban case on hold
- Pocan bringing immigrant to Trump's congressional speech