LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers will hand out coupons for a free Dairy Queen treat (small cone) when they see children wearing helmets while riding their bikes.
The safety initiative is part of the La Crosse Police Department's "You've been Caught Wearing Your Helmet" campaign.
For bicycle safety tips, La Crosse police suggest visiting the following websites:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Kids and Bicycle Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: Bike Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: Trail Etiquette and Safety Guidelines
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser