LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers will hand out coupons for a free Dairy Queen treat (small cone) when they see children wearing helmets while riding their bikes.
The safety initiative is part of the La Crosse Police Department's "You've been Caught Wearing Your Helmet" campaign.
For bicycle safety tips, La Crosse police suggest visiting the following websites:
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Kids and Bicycle Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation: Bike Safety
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: Trail Etiquette and Safety Guidelines
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse