LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers and firefighters will play against each other in an upcoming charity softball game at Copeland Park.
The La Crosse Loggers will host the "Patriot Games: Guns ‘N Hoses" game on Sunday, July 13 at 3:05 p.m. Half of the ticket sales will go to two charities they represent.
La Crosse police will represent Justice for a Cure, an organization that raises money for breast cancer. La Crosse firefighters will represent Muscular Dystrophy Association, an organization that fights to improve lives of people with muscle diseases.
Tickets to the charity game cost $10 and will also get you into the La Crosse Loggers vs. Kenosha King Fish game at 5:05 p.m. on July 13.
Tickets will be available at the following locations:
- Fire Station #1 – 726 5th Ave. S.
- Fire Station #2 – 620 Monitor St.
- Fire Station #3 – 1710 Losey Blvd.
- Fire Station #4 – 906 Gillette St.
- Loggers Ticket Office – 1225 Caledonia St.
Between the games the La Crosse Area Sports Commission will also pay tribute to members of the police and fire departments.
For more information, visit the La Crosse Loggers website.
- The Latest: Walker says Foxconn incentives tied to new jobs
- State Dept. warns of possibly tainted alcohol in Mexico
- Summer Days Sidewalk Sale offers sales on local goods at downtown businesses
- FoxConn plant could increase Western Integrated Technology enrollment
- Jason Simcakoski PROMISE Act secures funding for 2018
- Festival Foods to purchase stores in Tomah, Eau Claire
- Preliminary data shows homeless count down in La Crosse
- Fund created in honor of Australian woman shot by police
- UPDATE: La Crosse County storm damage report
- Minnesota restaurants raised tabs to cover health insurance