LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers and firefighters will play against each other in an upcoming charity softball game at Copeland Park.
The La Crosse Loggers will host the "Patriot Games: Guns ‘N Hoses" game on Sunday, July 13 at 3:05 p.m. Half of the ticket sales will go to two charities they represent.
La Crosse police will represent Justice for a Cure, an organization that raises money for breast cancer. La Crosse firefighters will represent Muscular Dystrophy Association, an organization that fights to improve lives of people with muscle diseases.
Tickets to the charity game cost $10 and will also get you into the La Crosse Loggers vs. Kenosha King Fish game at 5:05 p.m. on July 13.
Tickets will be available at the following locations:
- Fire Station #1 – 726 5th Ave. S.
- Fire Station #2 – 620 Monitor St.
- Fire Station #3 – 1710 Losey Blvd.
- Fire Station #4 – 906 Gillette St.
- Loggers Ticket Office – 1225 Caledonia St.
Between the games the La Crosse Area Sports Commission will also pay tribute to members of the police and fire departments.
For more information, visit the La Crosse Loggers website.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure