LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police officers and firefighters will play against each other in an upcoming charity softball game at Copeland Park.
The La Crosse Loggers will host the "Patriot Games: Guns ‘N Hoses" game on Sunday, July 13 at 3:05 p.m. Half of the ticket sales will go to two charities they represent.
La Crosse police will represent Justice for a Cure, an organization that raises money for breast cancer. La Crosse firefighters will represent Muscular Dystrophy Association, an organization that fights to improve lives of people with muscle diseases.
Tickets to the charity game cost $10 and will also get you into the La Crosse Loggers vs. Kenosha King Fish game at 5:05 p.m. on July 13.
Tickets will be available at the following locations:
- Fire Station #1 – 726 5th Ave. S.
- Fire Station #2 – 620 Monitor St.
- Fire Station #3 – 1710 Losey Blvd.
- Fire Station #4 – 906 Gillette St.
- Loggers Ticket Office – 1225 Caledonia St.
Between the games the La Crosse Area Sports Commission will also pay tribute to members of the police and fire departments.
For more information, visit the La Crosse Loggers website.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore