LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department is getting a makeover.
The department is starting a major remodeling project on its lobby this month. The purpose is to upgrade the department's security while providing better access into the lobby for the public.
This is something that has been in the works for a while and police hope it will help improve their customer service.
"What we want is when someone comes into our lobby it's open, its secure, it's inviting, its secure, but we wait on the customer, we wait on the citizen, and it doesn't matter what your question in, the three windows can answer those question equally," said Capt. Robert Lawrence.
The project is expected to be completed by September 12. During that time, the lobby will be closed starting July 21. Records request will be open from 10 .a.m. until 2 .p.m.
La Crosse police want the public to note the following during construction:
- In an emergency, DIAL 9-1-1
- In a non-emergency situation requiring the presence of an officer, dial the non-emergency dispatch number at (608) 785-5962
- Records Division personnel will be available via phone at (608) 789-7227, or by visiting the 5th Floor Conference Room between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday-Friday to help with requests for copies of records, reports, or background checks; applications for various licenses or permits; or for general questions
- To schedule fingerprints, contact Professional Standards / Community Services at (608) 789-7240 – they will provide special instructions for your appointment
- The Drug Drop Box will be unavailable during this time, please check with other La Crosse County law enforcement agencies for availability of their Drug Drop Boxes
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Man fatally stabs mother near Hudson, kills self after chase
- Sunday liquor sales ban on Minnesota House's chopping block
- Waukesha police hope DNA cracks 1975 baby death cold case
- Area hotel damaged after bizarre car crash
- Vehicle runs into river after driver swerves to avoid deer
- Donor recipients, family meet for first time in Onalaska
- Medical examiner identifies couple in murder-suicide case
- 10 sites in US named 'proving grounds' for driverless cars
- Ex-Wisconsin legislator Tom Larson dies after cancer fight