LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department wants to get to know you better over a cup of coffee.
Officers with the La Crosse Police Department spent part of the day at coffee shops around the city to connect with people on a more personal level. The department hopes the low-stress situation will help further the trust between our community and the officers.
"It can be just, 'Hey, where are you from? Where are you from? How long have you been on the force? Where do you work?' Just kind of low-stress situation where you come and get to know us and you can kind of see me beyond my uniform, and get a chance to talk to me where as in a normal everyday detail, you might not get a chance to do that with an officer," said La Crosse Police Department Neighborhood Response Officer Dan Ulrich.
This is the first Coffee with a Cop event in La Crosse.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash