LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Police Department wants to get to know you better over a cup of coffee.
Officers with the La Crosse Police Department spent part of the day at coffee shops around the city to connect with people on a more personal level. The department hopes the low-stress situation will help further the trust between our community and the officers.
"It can be just, 'Hey, where are you from? Where are you from? How long have you been on the force? Where do you work?' Just kind of low-stress situation where you come and get to know us and you can kind of see me beyond my uniform, and get a chance to talk to me where as in a normal everyday detail, you might not get a chance to do that with an officer," said La Crosse Police Department Neighborhood Response Officer Dan Ulrich.
This is the first Coffee with a Cop event in La Crosse.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest