LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food pantry in La Crosse receives a ton of food Monday from middle school students in our area, literally.
Aquinas Middle School students collected more than 2,000 pounds of food and toiletries for WAFER food pantry as part of their annual 'Stuff the Bus' event. The event motivates students to donate items to help those in need through a friendly competition between classes.
"Every year they bring in a group of enthusiastic kids who all week long they've collected these food items, and then they stuff it on their bus and bring it over here and they unload it. It's a lot of work, but they do it with such compassion and enthusiasm. They really do care about our community," said WAFER Food pantry Executive Director Erin Waldhart.
This is the 14th year Aquinas Middle School has held the collection.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- La Crosse's Satori Arts to be featured on 'American Pickers'
- Holmen Fire Department focuses fire safety education on different age groups
- Gov. Walker proposes welfare changes
- ‘School Choice Week' showcases local schools for parents
- Bill Feehan remains La Crosse Republican Party Chairman
- Wisconsin Republicans criticize Baldwin for fundraiser
- Parents accused of starving teen daughter plead not guilty
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore