LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A food pantry in La Crosse receives a ton of food Monday from middle school students in our area, literally.
Aquinas Middle School students collected more than 2,000 pounds of food and toiletries for WAFER food pantry as part of their annual 'Stuff the Bus' event. The event motivates students to donate items to help those in need through a friendly competition between classes.
"Every year they bring in a group of enthusiastic kids who all week long they've collected these food items, and then they stuff it on their bus and bring it over here and they unload it. It's a lot of work, but they do it with such compassion and enthusiasm. They really do care about our community," said WAFER Food pantry Executive Director Erin Waldhart.
This is the 14th year Aquinas Middle School has held the collection.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks