LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat shaved his head Monday afternoon right in the middle of City Hall.
The mayor used the head-shaving as a way to motivate his employees to donate to the Great Rivers United Way this year.
The goal was to have 33-percent of employees donate. They fell just short, but still increased donations by more than $2,500 over last year. City Hall employees raised more than $14,000 in this year's United Way campaign.
"United Way contributes so much to our community. They fund over 70 programs and it's just one of those groups and organizations that makes our area so wonderful and so I'm so happy just to do a very small part," Mayor Kabat said.
The United Way hopes to raise $2,055,000. The organization reached about 60-percent of its goal as of Monday afternoon.22551586
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day