LA CROSSE, WI - La Crosse Mayor Tim Kabat shaved his head Monday afternoon right in the middle of City Hall.
The mayor used the head-shaving as a way to motivate his employees to donate to the Great Rivers United Way this year.
The goal was to have 33-percent of employees donate. They fell just short, but still increased donations by more than $2,500 over last year. City Hall employees raised more than $14,000 in this year's United Way campaign.
"United Way contributes so much to our community. They fund over 70 programs and it's just one of those groups and organizations that makes our area so wonderful and so I'm so happy just to do a very small part," Mayor Kabat said.
The United Way hopes to raise $2,055,000. The organization reached about 60-percent of its goal as of Monday afternoon.22551586
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial