LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The November election may still be fresh in many minds, but La Crosse's Mayor is already preparing for the next election cycle.
Mayor Tim Kabat announced his re-election campaign Tuesday. Kabat says there is a lot to learn about the job, but he looks forward to the chance to continue that learning curve.
The Mayor also says there is still a lot of work to do, despite all of the city's achievements.
"We have more work to do in our neighborhoods; we have issues with drug abuse and mental health that need to be addressed here in a really concerted way, and then all of our regional partnerships and working together with our neighbors to deal with transportation and to deal with some of these things," said Mayor Kabat.
The spring election will take place in April.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls