LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The November election may still be fresh in many minds, but La Crosse's Mayor is already preparing for the next election cycle.
Mayor Tim Kabat announced his re-election campaign Tuesday. Kabat says there is a lot to learn about the job, but he looks forward to the chance to continue that learning curve.
The Mayor also says there is still a lot of work to do, despite all of the city's achievements.
"We have more work to do in our neighborhoods; we have issues with drug abuse and mental health that need to be addressed here in a really concerted way, and then all of our regional partnerships and working together with our neighbors to deal with transportation and to deal with some of these things," said Mayor Kabat.
The spring election will take place in April.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing