LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The November election may still be fresh in many minds, but La Crosse's Mayor is already preparing for the next election cycle.
Mayor Tim Kabat announced his re-election campaign Tuesday. Kabat says there is a lot to learn about the job, but he looks forward to the chance to continue that learning curve.
The Mayor also says there is still a lot of work to do, despite all of the city's achievements.
"We have more work to do in our neighborhoods; we have issues with drug abuse and mental health that need to be addressed here in a really concerted way, and then all of our regional partnerships and working together with our neighbors to deal with transportation and to deal with some of these things," said Mayor Kabat.
The spring election will take place in April.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans