LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A 25-year-old La Crosse man is accused of punching a man multiple times at an apartment on the 1100 block of Island Street at about 8:50 Saturday night.
According to the criminal complaint, Joshua Reetz ran after a man and attacked him near the victim's apartment. The victim told police he pulled out a knife from his pocket to defend himself and stabbed Reetz several times while getting punched, the complaint states.
The victim told police he was walking with a friend near his apartment and when he noticed Reetz outside. The victim wanted to get inside before having contact with "Jay" who was later identified as Reetz. The victim began to unlock his door when Reetz ran down the hallway and forced open the door, the complaint states.
The victim told police after he hit Reetz with a knife while defending himself, the victim was able to push the Reetz out of his apartment and exit the building while his girlfriend called 911. In May, Reetz asked the victim if he wanted drugs, the complaint states. The victim declined and Reetz got mad and had been harassing him ever since, the victim told police, but he had not seen him for about two weeks.
During the attack, the victim sliced his hand open with his own knife and medical personnel implied that he may need stiches. Reetz had been cut on his right nipple and also had a stab wound on the right side of his body near his waistline in the area of his pelvic bone, according to the criminal complaint.
Reetz was charged with stalking resulting in bodily harm, substantial battery, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
- Evers, Holtz win primary for state school superintendent
- Statewide personal care worker shortage creates uncertain future
- Local golfers take advantage of recent warm weather
- UW-La Crosse officials discuss possibility of tobacco-free campus
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- Padesky, Dutton move on in city council primary
- Radtke, Schaumberg advance in Trempealeau Co. judge primary
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 21, 2017
- Adaptive Sports League wraps up winter season with floor hockey tourney
- February Primaries bring voters out in La Crosse