LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A new look is coming for a service that helps people in the La Crosse area find work.
The La Crosse Job Center is relocating from its spot at Western Technical College to 2615 East Avenue, by the Hmong Cultural and Community Center.
It will also be re-named to the Workforce Development Center.
The new space is larger with bigger conference rooms, more resources and a plan for more services.
The move also brings together the jobs center's work with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. The DVR helps people with a disability find -- and keep -- a job.
Those with the job center expect the number of people stopping by to increase after the move.
"Usually somewhere between 250-300 individuals per week [come] here in the La Crosse location, and we do expect that to increase once we are co-located with the DVR," said Job Service Director Kathleen Olson.
The center will be closed from Wednesday, June 25th through Friday, June 27th during the move. Online services will still be available, however, at JobCenterofWisconsin.com. The toll-free phone line -- 888-258-9966 -- will also be open between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The Workforce Development Center will re-open on Monday at the new location.
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Belle Square development moves forward
- Crews begin renovations on La Crosse's Powell Park
- La Crosse officials look for input on proposed 'greenway'
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- One week after storms, cleanup continues
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash