LA CROSSE, WI - Juniors and seniors at La Crosse Central High School got some life lessons at The Reality Store.
The students researched what life would be like in a career they want to pursue with a family and all.
On Wednesday, they put their budgeting skills to the test with help from more than 60 business volunteers. They had to pay taxes, buy a home and deal with unexpected life events.
"It just gives me kind of a better feeling about my future, because I get to do this now instead of reading from book and not being able to experience it until I'm like in my 20's and 30's," said Central High School senior Katie Kammer.
The reality store's organizer says this tends to be one of the top five things students remember from their k-12 education.22610614
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration