LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - It's not quite warm enough, but La Crosse is preparing for summer weather and the outdoor activities that come with it this weekend.
The La Crosse Center held its 37th annual Boat, Sports, Travel, RV and Hunting Show, showing off some of the largest selections of camping equipment in the Midwest. That includes motorcycles, hunting lodges and more. Organizers say no matter what your age, there's something for everyone here at the La Crosse Center.
There's just all kinds of neat things for people to come and do," said floor manager Ron Murphy. "There's a trout tank where you can fish for live trout, keep what you catch, bring the kids we do free face painting. Once you come into the building, there's nothing else you have to spend money on."
The event also features live animal shows, including three baby bears, each only about four weeks old.
But the animals aren't just there for sight-seeing - the show's owner says it's educational, too.
"It's not just a display, we're not just here displaying the animals," said Kevin Vogel of Vogel's Exotic Animal Shows. "It's an education. We're talking about the animals, how important they are to us, and how their habitats are important, and it's also here to come and learn."
The show continues Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are available at the door - they're $8 for adults and $5 for students aged 6 to 17 years old.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game