LA CROSSE, Wis. - Some La Crosse high school students are getting a reality check of what life is like after graduation.
Juniors and Seniors from La Crosse Central and Logan took part in a reality store Tuesday.
The students came in with a career and starting salary, then had to figure out the rest of their life. That included caring for a family, budgeting for bills and groceries, and dealing with unexpected events and expenses.
Students called it an eye opening experience. "It actually took a lot like the money to buy a house and get a car and child support and stuff like that, I think at the end of the day I have a lot more respect for my parents and how much they have to spend on me and my sister," said Central High School senior Sage Swanson.
About 260 students took part in the reality store.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US