LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A kitchen fire at 1314 Denton Street in La Crosse Thursday morning injured a firefighter and sent a resident to the hospital.
La Crosse firefighters said when they arrived on scene, they saw smoke coming from the home and immediately helped an occupant get out of the house.
Another crew put out the fire, which was contained to the area of the kitchen stove.
The La Crosse resident was transported to a local hospital and one firefighter was injured at the scene. He was treated at a local hospital as well.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US