WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway officials have released the schedule for the 45th Oktoberfest weekend to begin October 1 and run daily through October 5.
"We have a great lineup of events not only on the track, but off the track as well for this year's Oktoberfest," said Speedway President Gregg McKarns in a statement. "The major change this year is that there will be a 200 lap championship finale for the ARCA Midwest Tour. For the drivers, it is a big deal not only to qualify for and get to race in, but the winner will receive quite the accolades."
The first on-track activity will take place with an open practice on Wednesday night, October 1, and then racing each night on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, with the big ARCA Midwest Tour 200 lap finale on Sunday afternoon.
The following is a tentative Oktoberfest Race Weekend event schedule:
Wednesday, October 1st - Open Practice 4:00-7:30 Open to All divisions competing at Oktoberfest
Thursday, October 2nd - Qualifying at 3:25, Racing at 6:00- Futures Super Late Models, LaCrosse Divisions: Late Models, Sportsmen, Thunderstox, Hornets, Outlawz, plus Double-O
Friday, October 3rd - Qualifying at 2:25, Racing at 5:00 - Dick Trickle 99 Super Late Models, Great Northern Sportsmen, Midwest Trucks
Saturday, October 4th - Qualifying at 2:05, Racing at 5:00 - Big-8 Late Models, Mid-Am Stock Cars, ARCA Midwest Tour, Midwest Dash Cars
Sunday, October 5th - Racing at 12:00 - ARCA Midwest Tour 200, Big-8 JMCK 63, Vintage Cars
To view the entire 2014 Oktoberfest schedule of events, please visit www.oktoberfestraceweekend.com and for more information about the La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway or Oktoberfest Race Weekend, visit www.lacrossespeedway.com, www.oktoberfestraceweekend.com, or contact the office at (608)786-1525.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Minnesota city to unleash goats on invasive plants