LA CROSSE, Wis. - The future is still uncertain for La Crosse County's Administrative Center. The County Board has been trying to decide the future of the aging building for months now.
On Tuesday, County Administrator Steve O'Malley said they eliminated the option of building on Parking Lot C, across from the County Jail.
O'Malley says part that space will likely turn into private development to grow the tax base. There is no timeline on that project.
Taking that off the table leaves two options for the County Board.
One would remodel the building. The other would build new next to the County Health Building and sell the old building to 360 Real Estate Solutions and Borton Construction.
The companies want to turn it into student housing for Western Technical College students. They put a deadline for a response from the city by next week's County Board Meeting.
"The deadline is coming and there are a number of variables we need to discuss with the committee and get their direction on what makes sense," says O'Malley.23823992
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building
- La Crosse brush pick-up starts this week
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota