LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse County's Sheriff's Department is getting some help enforcing traffic violations.
The Wisconsin Bureau of Transportation and Safety gave two grants to the department Tuesday, totaling $35,000.
The grants will allow the department to designate specific officers to enforce OWI 's and seat belt violations.
The officers will be patrolling all around La Crosse County, mainly focusing outside of La Crosse city limits.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Fort Lauderdale shooter says he carried out attack for ISIS, FBI claims
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- UnitedHealth tops Street 4Q forecasts
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers