LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse County's Sheriff's Department is getting some help enforcing traffic violations.
The Wisconsin Bureau of Transportation and Safety gave two grants to the department Tuesday, totaling $35,000.
The grants will allow the department to designate specific officers to enforce OWI 's and seat belt violations.
The officers will be patrolling all around La Crosse County, mainly focusing outside of La Crosse city limits.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US
- Congress OKs bill averting Saturday gov't shutdown
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Young students urge high schoolers to be safe during prom
- Police: Man pepper-sprayed autistic man eating free cookies
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting