LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The remodel and expansion of the La Crosse center is seeing some small snags in their plans.
The La Crosse center board in charge of the project found out that there was supposed to be some bonding dollars that came along with the initial bid process dealing with plans to replace carpet in the La Crosse Center's ballroom. They now have opened the project up to potential bidders, but replacing the carpet needs to be done as soon as possible, because how often the ballroom is used during the winter.
"Right after Christmas and the early part of January we've got a window of time where we can do the work so to be able to order the carpet get it in here, get the project done, you know it has to come in pretty quickly in line of what's happening," said Art Fahey, Director or the La Crosse Center.
The board expects to reopen the new sets of bids September 9.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota