LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The remodel and expansion of the La Crosse center is seeing some small snags in their plans.
The La Crosse center board in charge of the project found out that there was supposed to be some bonding dollars that came along with the initial bid process dealing with plans to replace carpet in the La Crosse Center's ballroom. They now have opened the project up to potential bidders, but replacing the carpet needs to be done as soon as possible, because how often the ballroom is used during the winter.
"Right after Christmas and the early part of January we've got a window of time where we can do the work so to be able to order the carpet get it in here, get the project done, you know it has to come in pretty quickly in line of what's happening," said Art Fahey, Director or the La Crosse Center.
The board expects to reopen the new sets of bids September 9.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests