LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The remodel and expansion of the La Crosse center is seeing some small snags in their plans.
The La Crosse center board in charge of the project found out that there was supposed to be some bonding dollars that came along with the initial bid process dealing with plans to replace carpet in the La Crosse Center's ballroom. They now have opened the project up to potential bidders, but replacing the carpet needs to be done as soon as possible, because how often the ballroom is used during the winter.
"Right after Christmas and the early part of January we've got a window of time where we can do the work so to be able to order the carpet get it in here, get the project done, you know it has to come in pretty quickly in line of what's happening," said Art Fahey, Director or the La Crosse Center.
The board expects to reopen the new sets of bids September 9.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes
- La Crosse Children's Museum celebrates 18 years
- Lawmakers push bill to address dropped rural cellphone calls
- Some Rochester patients help treat grief with acupuncture