LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is kicking off the start to grilling season this evening with Weinerfest this weekend.
The event featured food, fun and entertainment, with three bands playing throughout the evening, and cheese curds, drinks and - of course - hot dogs available, as well.
The 8th annual Weinerfest isn't just an excuse to fire up the grill, though - organizers say it helps bring together the community for the start of summer.
"This is just another event that's held in the La Crosse area to show the community, to bring everybody together after a long winter and to blow off a little bit of steam and enjoy what the La Crosse area has to offer on a beautiful day like today," said Doug Kratt, president of La Crosse Festivals.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests