LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is kicking off the start to grilling season this evening with Weinerfest this weekend.
The event featured food, fun and entertainment, with three bands playing throughout the evening, and cheese curds, drinks and - of course - hot dogs available, as well.
The 8th annual Weinerfest isn't just an excuse to fire up the grill, though - organizers say it helps bring together the community for the start of summer.
"This is just another event that's held in the La Crosse area to show the community, to bring everybody together after a long winter and to blow off a little bit of steam and enjoy what the La Crosse area has to offer on a beautiful day like today," said Doug Kratt, president of La Crosse Festivals.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain