LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse is kicking off the start to grilling season this evening with Weinerfest this weekend.
The event featured food, fun and entertainment, with three bands playing throughout the evening, and cheese curds, drinks and - of course - hot dogs available, as well.
The 8th annual Weinerfest isn't just an excuse to fire up the grill, though - organizers say it helps bring together the community for the start of summer.
"This is just another event that's held in the La Crosse area to show the community, to bring everybody together after a long winter and to blow off a little bit of steam and enjoy what the La Crosse area has to offer on a beautiful day like today," said Doug Kratt, president of La Crosse Festivals.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years