ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - With spring around the corner, construction season is right behind it.
That is what's on the minds of the La Crosse Area Builders Association this weekend at its annual Home Show in the Omni Center. More than 90 local professionals have set up shop to help visitors learn the latest techniques in building and remodeling. Participants can enlist the advice of landscapers, cabinet-makers, electricians and insulators, among a host of others at the show.
Organizers say if you're looking to get out and enjoy the weather while learning a thing or two about building, this is the place to be.
"We want them to come down, meet with people, shake some hands and see some products," said Justin Snyder, chair of the home show. "We want them to [make] some good relationships built with people, as well as learn some of the new technologies in the building industry, and then maybe they can take away from this somebody they can trust to get that project done for them."
The home show Sunday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Omni Center. Tickets are available at the door. They are $5 for adults, $2 for children ages 5-15 and free for kids under 5.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Course teaches Somali culture in central Minnesota
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership