ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - With spring around the corner, construction season is right behind it.
That is what's on the minds of the La Crosse Area Builders Association this weekend at its annual Home Show in the Omni Center. More than 90 local professionals have set up shop to help visitors learn the latest techniques in building and remodeling. Participants can enlist the advice of landscapers, cabinet-makers, electricians and insulators, among a host of others at the show.
Organizers say if you're looking to get out and enjoy the weather while learning a thing or two about building, this is the place to be.
"We want them to come down, meet with people, shake some hands and see some products," said Justin Snyder, chair of the home show. "We want them to [make] some good relationships built with people, as well as learn some of the new technologies in the building industry, and then maybe they can take away from this somebody they can trust to get that project done for them."
The home show Sunday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Omni Center. Tickets are available at the door. They are $5 for adults, $2 for children ages 5-15 and free for kids under 5.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial